Thursday 7 April 2011

A Taste of Venom - A blog about one man and his Poisoned Tongue

Hi there! (that seems as good a start as any...)

First of all, you passed the first test - finding this little page on the mighty blogosphere. My name's Simon, I'm from Yorkshire, northern England, and I'm a 26 year old bloke who paints and plays with toy soldiers.

And, if that pleases you, this first blog post will be all I'll ever need to tell you about myself!

I've created this blog for a few reasons. The first, which is the main reason, is to get my arse into gear and paint my little men. Like many of you, real life is a real and present danger. I work at least 37.5 hours a week, I live with a woo-man, I have to eat, I have to go shopping, and I have to go out and be un-anti-social.

It happens to everyone - painting, although enjoyable, is a luxury now. And when you're painting 1750 points worth of 40K armies...you just can't be arsed. can you? Especially to a reasonable quality!

Now, I'm going to say this here and now - I'm as average a gamer as you can get. I'm an average painter. I'm an average tactician, I averagely come lower than average in an average tournament. I'm an average weight and an average height.  As you may tell, real life, on average, overshadows my 40K. Which is fine!

I'm not big on the tournament scene. I believe I had a brief conversation with the current UK number one tournament player. He didn't like system of a down, and had never heard of danzig. He has long hair. I bet that's a lot more than he remembers about me! I also played one of the brothers who also pesters the top of tournament rankings. He thrashed me with his tyranids in 4th ed 4 years ago.

What I'm trying to say is - I'm just an average yumyum, who enjoys rolling dice. I don't have alot of time to enjoy my hobby, and I'm hoping this blog will help me improve my enjoyment.

That's all I want to say about stuff non - 40K related, everything from here will be slightly less boring! I can't promise I'll update this blog very regularly. Fits and starts, if we're all lucky. But if you tune into my next post,  I'll talk more about my army, my choices and my targets and goals with this hobby. I'll include my thoughts about the current edition and my current project - The Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment